Friday, August 1, 2008

Notes from Chaney

Hi, to Skye's blog friends!


I finally got to type on his blog since he is snoring away in his crate right now. I thought it was appropriate for me to write the updates this morning since some of them are "sports" related.

As usual, we got our typical weekly grooming session of furmination, coat conditioner spritzing, and feet trimming. Not something we enjoy, but we look spiffy afterwords, so we can't really complain.


Nothing exciting going on right now until our fun agility trials in the fall. It's too hot to train. Mom would rather stay in the A/C, although I keep telling her I need more distance work.

Mom's and my favorite MLB baseball player, Grady Sizemore, got a 3 run homer in the Indians win yesterday over the Tigers! Hooray, Grady!!

Watch Grady's homerun!

We like to say we are part of the "Grady's Ladies Sisterhood".


Mom thinks he's hot. I like his work ethic and humble attitude!


He even got to do some model work like Skye!





Mom is really looking forward to the Bejing olympics, although I can't see what the big hoopla is about when it doesn't include dog agility!! Maybe they will think of including it in the next summer olympics!


~Chaney (& Skye)

1 comment:

Fenway said...

You two look gorgeous after the Furminator.

Grady caught my mom's attention. He is a fine specimen for sure! Yay for the homer!

It's too hot here, too, to do much outdoor work. I'm also catching the frisbee until my tongue gets too big to fit inside my mouth. And that doesn't take long. We're doing so much heeling and clicking work.

Mom has a crazy idea of getting me tested to be Canine Good Citizen in a few weeks. She sure raises the bar. I could pass if felt like it, but I'm still a work in progress. Meeting another dog and staying calm just might be too hard. We'll try it and see.