Wednesday, August 20, 2008

If I can only match their success!!

It's Chaney again!

I have been wanting to type on Skye's blog, but Mom wasn't home to turn the computer on for me. She has been spending so much time at work lately that we don't see her as much as we used to. I know she is wanting to be home more, so hopefully work will give her some time off.


First, here is a photo of me practicing distance in the yard the other day. I did a beautiful job the first 2 runs. Then, I thought I was making everything too easy on mom and realized the more I act like I know, the more I will be expected to always do. So, I played dumb for the rest of our short training session and refused to do proper distance work. I ran around and barked and jumped the closer jumps. She seemed frustrated, but I was tired and preferred to "not move" like mom was doing. Why do I have to be the one who has to run 3x as far and faster than mom? Anyhow, here is a good photo of me. I know mom will make me do more of this stuff here again soon. Not sure if I can keep playing dumb though. Especially after mom sees all of our Olympic stars doing great, she is hoping I can follow in their same footsteps and run some clean runs. I will give her some, but not everything!

Congrats to my bud, Fenway, on winning "Half Dog of the Month"! He got a great stuffed toy to destroy and more importantly got to be on TV! I can't wait to see the video! Way to go, Fen!!

My mom's "man" Grady got his 28th Homerun (a 3 run homer) in the Indians vs. Royals game Tuesday night in Cleveland. He is tied for 3rd for most homeruns this season in the American League. Keep those bats warm, Grady, so mom can see you slam one out of the park!! Here's his homerun!

He also got an exciting, first in his career, 7 RBIs in the game on Thursday including a 3 run Triple and a 3 run Homer, his 29th and now 2nd place in the AL. You rock, Grady!!


Congrats to our great USA Teams in Beijing!!
--The most exciting news of all-- Michael Phelps on winning his record breaking 8th gold medal thanks to another great anchor leg by Jason Lezak! Yahoo! Woof woof!!

--Laura Kraut, Will Simpson, Beezie Madden and Mclain Ward for winning Team Gold in the Equestrian Jumping competition!!

--Shawn Johnson winning the gold medal and Nastia the silver on the beam!

--Jonathan Horton getting silver in the gymnastics high bar
-- our great beach volleyball teams advancing to play in the gold medal round
Way to go, Team USA!

Ok... my toes are getting tired of typing. I'll stop there.

Well, maybe I will relent and try to match their success in my agility world. I'll give mom a few Qs! :)

Chaney

No comments: