Monday, August 11, 2008

Team USA rules!!

Hi, Chaney here! More sports talk from the "sports girl"!

How can I not talk about the *heartstopping* finish by our Team USA in the Mens 4 x 100 meter freestyle relay last night!! Thanks to an incredible last 50 meter run by anchorman Jason Lezak, our team showed the French that talking big doesn't always get you the Gold!! Hooray to: Michael Phelps, Garret Weber-Gale, Cullen Jones and Jason Lezak for showing the world what great athletes our country has!!

My mom always says I have "meaty legs", but I think all of these guys beat me!


Hooray, Team USA!!



On another sports note, my mom is excited she is going to get to see her Indians player, Grady Sizemore, in person next month at a game and will be wearing her "Grady's Ladies" shirt. She can't wait to get to see him play!! I on the other hand, have my agility on MY mind, even though mom has visions of Grady swirling around her head!! :)

Good luck to all of the great U.S. athletes over in Beijing right now. We are rooting for Michael Phelps to get the remaining 6 gold medals he needs for the record, and of course continue to cheer on Grady and the Indians. (yeah.... the agility world is slow right now if I am writing about human athletes, not dogs!) :)

--Chaney

1 comment:

Fenway said...

Yay!!! We are so excited that your mom scored tix to see the beautiful Grady in person. The Grady's Ladies tee shirt reminds us of mom's Johnny's Angels tee. She saw Johnny Damon when he was still on the Red Sox. Now that he wears a Yankees uniform, she buried it in the sock drawer!

Thanks for all your pawsome support in my contest. It's really amusing what's happened—the puppy whining and whimpering from Bailey.

And pray for Jackson—today is his surgery!