Thursday, July 17, 2008

The "Magic" is gone....

Well, as all of you know, I am a boy, so I am going to keep this post upbeat and not weep like a girl. Chaney's and my beloved Mom, Gabby, died on Tuesday, July 15th at almost 14.5 years old. She came from Korella kennels in Australia who was described by her breeder Sigrid Morgensten as having a "magic" personality and was felt that way by all who knew her. She was both an Australian and American Champion. She won 16 Challenge Certificates overseas before setting her 4 paws on American soil and becoming a Champion here.



She had a lot of awesome litters over her lifetime including one that produced the Awesome Vegas

(Ch. Korella Heart Breaker): and more photos of him. She had a daughter Jedda (Ch. Korella Justan Illusion) who produced some beautiful kids (Strike) and (Macey) and (Justyn).
She also became a Border Collie Society Noteworthy Dam. (list is not all inclusive, FYI).

Then, she of course had the 2 BEST :) litters-- mine and Chaney's. Here are Chaney and I with our siblings and Gabby and our Dad's in top of the photos:



These are photos from my brother's First Birthday Reunion in February 2004 (from L to R are Aunt Ellie with Rossy, Grandma Sandi with me, and Aunt Julia with Puck)-

Here are my 2 half siblings, Missy Blue and Kip (who is Chaney's litter brother)-


Back in June 2004 when mom Gabby was 10 years old, my human Mom took me to Colorado Springs to visit my dog mommy and reunite with my brother Rossy and half sister, out of Gabby, Missy Blue. Here are some photos from that trip:
(From L to R-- my Mom Lorrie, me, breeder Deanne and mom Gabby, "uncle Dana" with brother Rossy and half sister Missy).
Here are some photos of mom Gabby:




Getting a tummy rub from "Aunt Ellie"-

Close up photo of me near mom-

My human mom says that I am a real "mamma's boy" as I act a lot like my fur mom. She would run up to people and stand sideways in front of them waiting for pets and had a sweet gentle, loving nature, but still loved to run and play. Heck, she was even a model in Australia when she had her face photographed on a box of Schmackos treats just like I was a star here when I became a "Pet Idol"! Don't I look a lot like my mom?

We miss and love you, mom!
-Skye and Chaney

In loving memory of Aust/Am Ch. Korella Weave A Dream (March 12, 1994-July 15, 2008)

1 comment:

Fenway said...

I'm just getting caught up on my reading and want you and your human mom to know how sorry I am about Gabby. Words just can't express the sorrow I feel that such a lovely, lovely girl no longer graces the earth.

I know our beloved Logo is showing her the best spots around The Bridge.

Sadly,
Fenway & Family