Tuesday, July 22, 2008

The burden of being a "Pet Idol"...

Sigh... Yes, as a "Pet Idol", my mom always wants me looking and acting my very best. Chaney and I get groomed with Isle of Dog products and my mom's favorite "doggy cologne/coat conditioner" "Glo Coat" (although I prefer not to smell "fragrant"), get brushed every couple of days and get our nails Dremeled and trimmed often. (my mom is a fanatic of neatly trimmed feet). Well, add one more grooming 'chore' to our long list of beautification! My mom received her new Furminator in the mail yesterday. After her agility friend Robin let her try it out on us at an agility trial, she decided to buy one. Chaney had her grooming session earlier today, but I got dragged out of bed for mine. Dang mom's stupid night-time schedule!!! She always knew I had a thick coat, but didn't think she would get as much fur out of me as she did since I get groomed weekly. Here is my newly departed undercoat laying in front of me on the floor. She didn't get all of my caboose brushed so I get to endure more furmination tomorrow. I was kind of fond of being 'fuzzy', but mom says I look real dapper now with my coat all slick and shiny and laying flat! I wasn't fond of another beauty ritual, but I sure loved the treats mom gave me during the makeover!



Photos taken later in the day outside of Chaney and I. She stacks better than I do. :) We will never be show dogs like our friend Fenway, but we like to pretend that we are "showy!"






Afterwords, we took out our grooming aggressions with a competitive game of tug, and then rested for a few minutes.



We might even get some neat photos soon! Grandma Sandi told my mom about a relatively close sunflower farm and we are going to try to get some portraits taken by them. Sure is a lot closer than the ones in Nebraska we saw! At least I will look handsome for the photos! :)

2 comments:

Fenway said...

Wow, Skye. I think your date with the Furminator was worth it! You look so sleek, shiny and gorgeous. I know your mom will keep up with it—your next dates will go a lot quicker.

My mom found out from some professional show handlers that the Arapaho whitening shampoo is the best for getting the whitest whites and the blackest blacks. She was skeptical, cause it costs between $15-$20 for a decent sized bottle, but will never use anything else cause it REALLY works.

Another nifty trick is to use John Freida Sheer Blonde Hairspray. It's CRYSTAL CLEAR and holds fur—like the hinders/pantaloons in place and keeps our leg feathers out and "flying". The handlers like this brand because it is NOT sticky and leaves no residue. It's around $5.

Good luck. You really look like a Pet Idol. And that's why I nominated you for a special award. Check out my blogspot today for details!

Your pal,
Fenway

Amber-Mae said...

Hi there! I found out about you guys in Fenway's blog. You both are sooo pawsome! Heard that you guys or one of you is entering for the Pet Idol. What is it? I'm entering for the Space Idol this coming August 10th so mt hoomans are busy preparing my space costume for that day. My sister Chloe on the other hand, has been all groomed & will be bathed soon for an upcoming Conformation Show. She looks good now but smells bad. So she really needs a good bath the night before. Anyway, good luck with the Pet Idol thingy!

Butt wiggles,
Solid Gold Dancer