Thursday, April 16, 2009

Spankin' the Yanks!

Well, up until today, my family and I have been quite embarassed to admit we are Indians fans this season. We are proud of our Cavs, but our Indians have... well.... looked worse than a tee ball team. Bad pitching, bad hitting, piss poor with Runners in Scoring position, bad coaching. Scenes from "Major League" are playing in my head:

"One run on one hit... That's ALL WE GOT??? ONE DAMN HIT??"

"They are still s---y!"

"JUUUUUST a bit outside..."

"And free admisssion to anyone who was ACTUALLY ALIVE the last time the Indians won a Pennant!"


Need I say more.

....UNTIL TODAY!!!

Yes, our Indians literally spanked the Yankees during their Inaugural Home Opener in their expensive new stadium beating the Yanks 10-2! This is a Cleveland team that *always* loses in NYC. And, after starting out so crappy, this win couldn't have been more exciting.

Well, I correct myself. Grady hit a Grand Slam in the historic 9 run 7th inning, his 3rd in his career.


We hope this is a turning point for our Tribe, but we aren't counting our chickens (or sheep) just yet. :) Go Tribe!!



I won't even begin to jinx ourselves with our Fab Cavs.

On a doggy note, Chaney competes in a NADAC trial this weekend. I am going to give her a nip in her caboose and tell her she needs to Q in her Elite Chances!! Or she will be in the Dog House!!!

Skye

No comments: