Friday, April 3, 2009

Rally boy!

Today, Mom and I competed for our 2nd straight year at our local dog show. I already have my Rally title from last year, but the next level is off leash and mom doesn't trust me and all of my boyish, playful exuberance. So, she thought we would just have fun and compete to see if we can place amongst the other Novice B handlers. Today, I got a score of 96/100 and just missed out on a placement by 1 point. My performance wasn't as good as last year, but I was all excited today and mom is lucky I even behaved in the ring for her! :) She is hoping for a better performance from me tomorrow. If she promises me more chicken I just might!!

The first photos were taken with our video camera "photo feature" and the competition ones were taken from actual video.

Mom and I practicing before our turn in the Rally ring. Look at that intense stare when she tells me to "watch her"!




Here mom and I are shortly after starting our course as we get ready to do the "about U turn". I was kind of slow and sloppy in my left turns today which is uncharacteristic of me, but I was filled with excitement! (that excitement ended up getting the better of me during the ribbon ceremony. I NEVER can behave when they are handing out ribbons. I look like a boy who has never learned obedience. But, I am a SMART BC and know that the competition is over and I'm not being judged. See, I'm not DUMB!) :)


My great "halt sit"!


This is my "halt sit down" performance. When you watch the video you can see how happy I am by my tail wagging. Check out that great concentration!


Heeling on the course.


Here I am doing a "moving down".


Here I am performing a perfect "come front" just before my "finish left forward".


Here mom rewards me for my score of 96 with some chicken. YUMM!!! Keep it coming!!


Here's my video. After you hit play, click the HD button!


We'll see how I do tomorrow!

Chaney had 2 NQ runs in her Excellent Standard and Excellent Jumpers. Her Standard course had some tough traps in it and thanks to mom trying to put in a Front Cross, she steered Chaney right to an off course jump. Other than her Dog Walk being REALLL SLOWWWWW, she did well on the course. Her Excellent Jumpers was a nice run, but she missed her weaves and mom mis-timed a Front Cross and almost ran into Chaney! But, she ran a nice run. Since she is far away from a MACH, mom wasn't too stressed with the NQs as she just wants to have a decent run. A lot of good dogs faulted on the first run and mom was busy with me immediately after Chaney's Jumpers round so we didn't see the rest of the dogs run. If she gets some good runs, Mom might post some Chaney videos!

Here's Chaney zooming through the weaves in the Standard round--


And in the Jumpers round-- which are always Chaney's strongest courses. She loves jumps!


Wish us all luck for tomorrow!

Skye-guy Fieri

No comments: