Sunday, February 22, 2009

Agility and Obedience fun in the sun!

Hi, to my blog buddies! I haven't been online for a few days. Life has been quite busy in my daily life recently. First, mom and Grandma Sandi were trying real hard to get me to be one of the top 5 dogs chosen during week 5 voting for the Bissell vacuum box contest. Unfortunately, we came up short on votes. Mom thinks it's such a shame because very few dogs can pose so cute and charm so many people like I can. Well, all I have to say to Bissell is "it's *your* loss"! Maybe I'll try to model for Hoover vacuum since that is one of my nicknames :)

Today, Mom took Chaney and I to do some agility and obedience training. Chaney got a chance to run a lot of distance work on an Elite Jumpers course and did quite well, but it took her quite a few "run throughs" before she and mom got it all put together. Mom was real proud of Chaney's progress!






Here is a great video of some of Chaney's distance work!! Mom worked this near the NADAC "Bonus line" for most of the course. Hopefully all of this practice will help Chaney get her 12 Elite Chances Qs for her NATCH and Versatility NATCH title this year!! In this run, Chaney knocked a bar and ran around one of the last jumps, but passed all the distance work successfully!



Then, Mom worked some obedience with me to prepare me for my April obedience trial. Here I am doing a "Come Front". I have been working hard on improving my "come fronts" with mom recently. Look how impressive I look in this photo. I even have the looks of an OTCh dog!! :) Maybe I'll be good enough to place in the top of the Novice B Rally class!


Here I am sitting in heel position with full attention waiting for my next command. Mom was working me off leash and I did pretty well at it when I really wanted to go and run all around the yard!


Here I am heeling with Mom. Later on, mom tried working me on part of Chaney's agility course, but she decided that I enjoy obedience much better than agility. I have learned competitive obedience since I was a wee pup at 3 months old, so a lot of this comes naturally for me. In fact, when she tried running the course with me, I kept trying to return to her left side. Mom finally realized why I was doing that-- it's because I am an obedience dog and have been taught you never walk on the right side!




But, I DID get to enjoy some of the equipment in the yard. Here I am enjoying the Aframe. I even hit the contact zone each time!




Here I am going over a jump on the course.


My favorite obstacle was the teeter. I hadn't been on a teeter for probably 3 years and bailed off the end the first time. I forgot to tip it properly. After the first mistake, I did a beautiful job and had a ton of fun on it!!




Here is a little video of me running around Chaney's practice course today. I haven't gotten to run around an agility course since last year!



These were taken last night. (As I said, I haven't been on the computer for a few days. Mom didn't turn on the computer for me! Sigh...) Chaney and I are playing a rousing game of tug. Not sure who won this battle. A lot of times I let Chaney win so she feels *important*!


Mom found this "flower" in Target and was going to use it for future spring photo ops. Even though I look like a girl in this, I felt quite special wearing it! :) Yeah, Bissell, THIS is what you are missing!!


These were taken a few days ago when Chaney was practicing an Elite Chances course.


Mom told Chaney to "wait" on the Aframe for a photo.


Chaney rests in mom's shade after a busy afternoon of practicing on the agility course.


That night, I wanted to prove to mom that I will do anything for cookies and showed her I still know how to run through the weave poles. (I refused to do them today, though...)

Who is that HANDSOME weaving dog?!??!!??


That night, we got our nightly peanut butter bones. I could live on peanut butter!!


Here, Mom tells Chaney, RC and I to "WAIT" before we could eat our yummy treats. Chaney and RC thought it was best not to look at the cookie!


Here we are posing for a photo at the end of a busy day!



Until next time dear friends!

Skye-guy

1 comment:

Fenway said...

Chaney makes it look SO easy that I truly think there's hope for me. What a gorgeous run with a lot of impressive distance. Chaney was definitely thinking that course through!

As for Bissell....let's just say that we're just glad we own a different brand of vacuum. If it were down to me and Skye in that flower hat, I'd have to vote for Skye! That is the look and smile of a winning dog!

You are all very well mannered doggies not to jump all over your peanut bones. Very good Wait & Leave It!

Your pal,
Fenway