Friday, February 13, 2009

Happy 6th Birthday to Me!!

First of all, just a reminder to cast your votes for me for Bissell MVP. Voting for me ends on Feb. 17th. Looks like I need a LOT of votes... about double what we have. So have your friends and family cast their vote for me! (FYI...I am only entered for this week, so after the 17th, you won't be able to vote for me again.)


Vote for Skye in the BISSELL MVP Photo Contest 2009!




Today is my 6th birthday!! My, how time flies. Let's see... I was born in Lubbock, TX, traveled to my family in Kansas via my breeder's handlers and made an overnight stop in Oklahoma. I have grown up from a precious little "panda bear" or as my family calls me a little "Woobie". I have taken many obedience and agility classes, took 2 obedience seminars, earned my AKC Novice Rally title, trained as a Search and Rescue Trailing dog, spent countless hours as our team's PR dog, earned the high honor of "Pet Idol", got to be in a commercial and on a couple of TV broadcasts, and have traveled to Texas, Oklahoma, Colorado, Missouri, and Nebraska. I have had such a fun-filled life and look forward to many many more years of fun and love!
Here Chaney, R.C., and I are celebrating my birthday today. I got a new bed as a present from mom and I love it!! We got to eat some special cookies in the afternoon. (since I have colitis, I have to watch what I eat). In the evening I got to eat my peanut butter bones, sucked on my beloved blankie, played with my kong, had the "Crazies", and got to watch my idol Guy Fieri on "DDD" on TV. Can't ask for more fun!

Here I am getting ready to eat my special birthday cookies.

Nummm Yummy!!!!!!!!! Tastes good in the tummy!

R.C. and Chaney got to enjoy my birthday cookies to help me celebrate my special day!

I always enjoy being the center of attention!

Here I am enjoying my new bed!! (mom covers our beds with sheets and towels to keep them clean)

Can you tell how much I love it! I always enjoy my nap and bed time in my crate!

Chaney decided she wanted to see what was so special about my comfy new bed.


Here I am as a 3 day old little Woobie. Aren't I precious!

My "Grandma Deanne" took this photo of me when I was 4 weeks old. A few weeks later I got to meet my beloved family!

This is when I was 8 weeks old and spent my first few days with my family. I had the "looks" even when I was a tiny tot!

Here are photos of my brothers Rossy and Puck when they were 8 weeks old.

I have had quite a few photos of my mom, Gabby, on my blog here this past year. I decided to put a few photos of my dad, Brumby, on my blog in honor of my birthday. Here dad is giving his famous "Brumby smile".

I got to meet my dad for the first time at the Border Collie Specialty Show in Gray Summit, Missouri, back in October of 2003 when I was 8 months old. I earned my Herding Instinct Certification at this show! My grandma Sandi is sitting next to me and my grandma Eileen from Florida, is holding dad.

Here is my brother Puck at our First Birthday Reunion we had with our brothers and our step-siblings Missy Blue and Kip (who is Chaney's litter brother). Puck and I played together all weekend. We sure loved each other. It was fun watching 5 border collies running around the hotel room. We really confused our families as all we looked like were black and white blurs! I got to meet up with Rossy and Missy Blue in Colorado a year later when we visited with Grandma Deanne and my mom, Gabby.

My brothers Rossy and I with our families at our First Birthday reunion. Don't we look silly in our hats!

When I was a little Woobie, I wasn't the most well-behaved puppy for my mom, Lorrie, in my Puppy Kindergarten class. I acted like I didn't learn any of the obedience mom taught me weeks earlier. I even gave her leather burns on her hands I pulled so hard on my leash. Mom was frustrated and told the teacher to try to make me behave. I wanted to make mom look stupid so I put on my "perfect boy" behavior. Look how politely I sat for my "exam" on the table!

And, I behaved even more perfectly for the instructor when I was on leash. Don't I look like a little Obedience Champion in the making!!

Then, when the instructor wasn't looking, I acted up again like a 3 year old little human child. Here I am looking over at my "Aunt Stacy" (who visited class that day).

I got an email birthday wish from my brother Rossy, who lives with his family and my step brother Magic and step sister Missy Blue, in Texas. Rossy shows his opinion on turning 6. He says we are as young as we feel and we certainly aren't 6 years old! :)


We also got photo updates of Chaney's brother Magic. He sure has Chaney's same smile. Isn't he cute!

Here, Magic shows off the gorgeous coat he got from his dad Ember. Hopefully someday Chaney and I will get to meet up with our brothers again!


So, Happy Birthday Puck and Rossy!


Here is a short video of my early years finishing with the First Birthday Reunion. The first video is on the first day I met my family. In July, I had my first exposure to sheep. On the July 6th video, it shows what a "Drama Queen" I am. R.C. runs into me and I was so scared I started screaming! I was ok, though! :) Then, there is a video segment when I earned my Herding Instinct Certification, sucking on my blankie and playing with brother Puck at the reunion.


The second video starts with some of the chaos from our reunion, me swimming for the first time (bad quality video), doing agility, on TV, and visiting at grandma Deanne's.


Until my next blog!

Skye-guy Fieri (a.k.a. the Birthday Boy)

No comments: