Sunday, June 29, 2008

"Hoovering" the yard and some attention

The other day a big, nasty storm blew into my yard while I was fast asleep. We had 90 mph winds that destroyed a few of the trees near my potty patch. Since Grandpa Dale still can't do a lot of hard work since his surgery, we had our friends Chuck and Brenda, and Alaine and Matt come over and help cut down 6 of our trees. It took hours and the humans were all outside sweating while Chaney, R.C., and I slept comfortably in the A/C. We're not dumb!! But, after awhile we got to come up and visit with our old SAR friends. I of course attempted to break my land speed record of how many pets I can acquire in 20 minutes. I am really good at this. I just make my rounds to each person and repeat it about 10 times. :) R.C. got some pets, and although Chaney isn't really in the photos getting some lovin', she got over her shyness and cuddled up later on.

Here is everyone, minus my Mom, taking a lunch break.


Our neighbor, Greg, lent us his horse trailer. We ended up filling this up and still have branches left over and 2 more trees to cut down. I am glad I didn't have to participate in this "fun"....


Here is R.C. getting some pets from Brenda.


Well, just because I see Grandma Sandi everyday doesn't mean I am going to pass up an opportunity for more cuddle time!


R.C. enjoying some quality time with our friends. She really enjoyed this since she doesn't get to "visit" with people like Chaney and I do at her trials.


Oh, yeah... THAT'S the spot!! Thanks, Chuck!


Hi, Alaine! Can I get a kiss?


Making my way over to Matt now. I am on track to setting my record. I must keep going! This is no time for weakness.


Hooray, I did it! I am like the Energizer Bunny. I keep going and going and going. Hoovering for attention is my specialty. I told you how talented I was at making sure everybody gets some "Skye-time!"

1 comment:

Nicki said...

Your dogs are cute-love the picture with the ribbons.