Thursday, June 19, 2008

Agility Fun in the Sun!

Mom took Chaney and I to our training club today to work agility "distance challenges" with Chaney to get her ready for her next trial. I begged to come along so I could have some fun too, so mom said OK and loaded us in her gas guzzler. Boy, it was HOT, though, and we didn't get to have as much fun as we would have liked. After Chaney ran her course a couple of times, I got to have fun on the same course, but I didn't do as good as my 'sis. After I got done running the course and mom was putting the equipment away, I decided to run on the dog walk all by myself and surprised mom. It was so funny! I got down to the other side and was so proud I ran it without any help! I decided to prance all around the club grounds and show just how special I was for that neat feat! I got to investigate a bunch of neat smells and look for lost treats out there, and did some "NMS" as grandma calls it (Neutered Male Squats). Both her and mom think it's funny I still squat like a girl after 5 years, but I do it just to be different. Any boy can lift his leg! :) Just how many dare to act like a girl??!!
My mom told me some shocking news 2 days ago... it looks like Uptown Paws is looking to replace me! They are putting on their new annual contest for the fall. The TV called it the "Pampered Pet Contest" rather than the "Pet Idol" contest. Maybe it's because I wowed them so much with my silk tie sashaying down the red carpet that they know they can't find another "Pet Idol" worthy of the title like me!
I found a new friend by way of this strange technology called the Internet! His name is Fenway and my mom got to write to his mom. His mom says Fenway and I act so much alike. I wonder if we are distant relatives? Mom doesn't think so, but hey, EVERY border collie is related at some point in time, right? I guess he has the same love for life and people like I do! I think his name is cool, even though I have been raised as a Cleveland Indians fan, or so I have been told, whatever that is. :) I know I keep getting Jayhawk stuff put on me for photos and go to Lawrence all the time for Chaney's trials, but since the Indians haven't won the World Series yet.... no photos with the Wahoo. After reading all of Fenway's hilarious thoughts on life, I decided to put my long toes to good use and show my writing genius. But, he is the real witty one! I am only an amateur "blogger"!
Here is a video of Chaney running her Elite Chances course with the distance challenge. The orange cones represent the distance line dimensions.

No comments: