Chaney and I got back today after 2 weeks of weekend agility trials. This weekend, Chaney competed for one day in Omaha and got 5 out of 6 Qs on Saturday, finally getting her very first and super important Elite Chances Q! After coming oh so close last weekend, Chaney finally seemed to understand what mom wanted and did a beautiful job running the course! She was one of only 3 dogs out of 13 who passed it, with some dogs getting the hard distance part, but failing the tunnel/jump discrimination or vice versa.She also came away with her Outstanding Elite Jumpers title at the trial. Way to go, sista!
Afterwords, Chaney let out a hearty yawn from all of her hard work that day!
Mom decided she was only going to run Chaney on Saturday at the trial and then headed to Kansas City to watch her beloved hometeam the Cleveland Indians play the KC Royals. Of course, we all know the main reason Mom wanted to go-- to see the infamous heartthrob All-Star and Gold Glove winner Indians Centerfielder Grady Sizemore. Chaney and I didn't get to experience Mom's excitement. We were just happy to be able to nap after a long morning in Topeka. She asked Grandpa Dale if he could get a press pass into the game and he was able to get some **awesome** photos of Grady for mom while he was there! (there are 3 pages of photos that mom made for her Grady's Ladies friends in Cleveland, so for the rest of you it might easily be Grady overload). She said she was happy they won 3-1, but was disappointed that Grady was in a hitting slump. Personally I don't see what all the fuss is about. I am happy with my Kong, some food, and my bed. But, I guess the humans have their own strange quirks that us dogs will never understand.When we were on our way to Topeka after Saturday's trial, mom found the sunflower field that she saw going up to Omaha a year earlier. This time we were time constrained (yes, our tummies beckoned and our eyes were so tired), but mom stopped briefly and snapped a few photos in the rain of us by the sunflowers. She said she wished she could have had more time to get better photos, but we told her she had to hurry. The field was incredible and the sunflowers went for miles!






Thanks to Fenway for praising Chaney on his blog, and to his friends for writing to Chaney and I. My mom has been so busy with work and travel this past week and a half that hasn't had a chance to thank you!
The photographer at Chaney's trials has more photos he took of my sis from the past 2 weekends and mom says she will post them when she gets them.
Now, since it's early morning, I am going to head off for some much needed shut-eye. Don't I sleep adorable!! (don't ya love my feet?) :)

Skye-guy

1 comment:
I love the double head tilt picture with the sunflowers - classic for our litter!
Post a Comment