Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Cheerin' for our home boys!

Skye here. We've enjoyed some time off since our whirlwind agility trips to Missouri and Nebraska the past few weekends. Chaney and I played some Kong tonight and then I took a break from working on my blog to watch our fave team the Cleveland Indians and mom's homeboy Grady. They acted more like the misfits in the movie "Major League" this past weekend when they lost big to the Royals in 3 out of 4 games. Tonight, I had to put on my rally hat when they were playing the Twins!


Thanks to our man Grady, he tied up the game at the bottom of the 8th with a solo home run! The usually humble, unemotional when running the bases Grady, couldn't help get caught up in the moment when he was wishing with all his might that his hit would stay fair. Gotta love our Grady!!! :) That's his 32nd of the season!

And, thanks to an exciting 3 run homerun by Victor Martinez at the bottom of the 11th inning, the Indians won an emotional game against the Twins 12-9!! Yahoo TRIBE!! WOOF WOOF!!


Since our team isn't really going to have a post-season this year, Chaney and I are enjoying the small victories of our team during the remainder of the regular season! And, it's a perfect way to work off some pent up energy in between Chaney's trials and traveling, between napping and chewing on our cow hoofs!

Our other favorite teams the KU Jayhawks, Cleveland Browns, and the Ohio State Buckeyes also lost big this weekend. Typical of my family's luck. So, we decided to pull together our support for our 'Hawks and Indians and other teams and send some good vibes their way and let them know they have die hard fans out in the sunflower state cheering for them!

Hopefully next weekend our KU fans will get to "Wave the Wheat" after a bunch of TDs!


One last note, happy first birthday tomorrow to my pal Fenway!! I hope you get the royal treatment on your special day!

That's all from "Skye-blogland"!

--Skye

1 comment:

Fenway said...

Sweet Caroline, that's a mighty nice pic of you at the computer. I see you also monitor the sports world. My Sox lost last night 2-1 in a real nail biter. I'm thrilled Grady came through like the super hero he is. WOW!!!

Thanks for the birthday greetings. Come by and share a meaty bone. I'll have agility games, frisbees, balls and maybe a couple of sheep around for the entertainment.

I'm off to get my first leather collar. The Alphas think I'm big enough for one of those nice rolled ones. The next stop is the butcher shop and then Good Dog Goods for some MORE TOYS!!!

I love you guys,
Fenway