Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Hold on to your tails!

Wow. I almost blew away by my potty patch today. Where I live, we had sustained winds around 50 mph and one place in my area recorded an almost 80 mph wind! We had a storm front moving through our area, so there was a lot of wind before the storms. (of course, when mom decided to snap some photos, the wind died down a tad! haha!) Mom was hoping my poo might blow into our neighbors yard and make for an easy "clean up"! :)


I even tried catching something as it blew by me... although I wasn't quite sure what it was.

Chaney tried bracing herself in the wind in the yard, too.


This was one of the photos used by the media outlets when they were reporting on our windy day. I think this best describes what it was like out there! (except that I have FUR, not hair.... It DID mess up my 'do though!!) :)


Later that night, we got some severe storms in our area and I made sure I barked each time the weather radio went off-- just in case my human didn't hear it! I thought she might hear my bark better than the high pitch siren it gave off...

Thankfully we didn't have to seek shelter. Just got some nice old fashioned spring storms. With our last batch of severe weather, the TV stars from "Storm Chasers" (Reed and his crew from Tornadovideos.net were in the area. Wonder if they were out here for this batch. Brave souls they are. Personally I prefer my comfy, safe dry home and crate, thank you very much!) :)

I have been practicing with mom for my upcoming Rally Obedience competition. Mom hopes I give my same near-perfect performance that I gave last year. I haven't decided if I will behave at this one, though, but it will be fun getting pets from all of those dog lovers milling about, plus mom always brings lots of treats for me before and after the competition!

Oh, and my Grandma Sandi and Grandpa Dale just got back from visiting the southwest and visited 2 of the places that my Idol Guy Fieri had shown on DDD. My mom's friend, Robin, suggested that we stop at one of the places in Omaha when we visit this year. She said I could get my photo taken outside. I will have to dig out my Guy Fieri glasses for that photo "op"! I wish they would let dogs in, though. Maybe they will think I am Guy Fieri!! :)

Until my next blog, buds!

Skye-guy Fieri

1 comment:

Fenway said...

Yay...the Alphas are back home so I can start blogging again!

I love, love, love the pictures of Sky and Chaney in the wind. Border collies are most beautiful when facing into a stiff headwind. We love how it blows our schnozzles clean. Maybe we are harkening back to the ancient highlands where our ancestors lived.

Good luck with Rally. It should be a piece of cake...leash + treats will make you honest and behave.

Your pal,
Fenway