After recovering from a long weekend at an agility trial, I finally have enough energy to type my blog. We had a 2 1/2 day trial this past weekend, spending a long 11 hours at the trial site on Saturday and 9 hours on Sunday. Chaney came away with just over her usual 50% getting 8 Qs out of 15 runs with Qs in: Elite Regular (3), Elite Jumpers (1), Elite Tunnelers (1), Elite Hoopers (2), and Elite Touch N Go (1), but coming up empty on the much needed Elite Chances. This brings Chaney to just needing 5 Elite Regular Qs and the hard 12 Elite Chances Qs for her NATCH. We are hoping that Chaney will start Qing in Elite Chances soon or she won't get her NATCH this year since we only have about 13 trials scheduled this year. Maybe I should give her a kick in her lacy bloomers!

Before we got to the trial site, we stopped for photos in front of KU's famous Allen Fieldhouse where my mom spent countless hours cheering for her Jayhawks! Dick Vitale has said that Allen is one of the most historic arenas and best places to play in college basketball! After all, the founder of basketball, Dr. James Naismith, was KU's first coach! We are cheering on our National Champion team during the 2009 NCAA Tournament. Go Hawks!



We got our St. Patty's Day and Easter portraits taken again this year by Kevin and Lynde of Kevin Devine Photography. Chaney was acting too serious in most of her photos, but as usual, your beloved Pet Idol put on his best, albeit tired, smile!


Check out this funny photo that Lynde "created" with her editing software. :)

And, here's our Easter photos. My mom LOVES the "flower petals" on me. She thinks I am adorable in them! :) I have another opinion. Sigh... what we Pet Idols have to go through!



After a LONG day I crashed at the hotel. I could hardly keep my eyes open. After all, it IS tiring work watching Chaney run all of those agility runs!!

Kevin took a few photos of Chaney running in the trial. If we are able to get them, I will post one or two good ones on my next blog.
Up next is an AKC trial where Chaney will run in Excellent B and I will be competing in Novice Rally B (just for fun since I already have my title), then another NADAC trial. Wish us luck!
Here is one of Chaney's agility runs. It is a bit "choppy", but mom found out that is due to You Tube, not her HD video. Also, once mom figures out her new editing software, she will post more runs from the trial. First, click "play" then click the "HD" button. Then, let it download all the way and then replay it so it runs all the way through without stopping.
Oh... and I thought you would enjoy seeing my "lagomorph" brother at home. Mom thought this was a cute photo of Chester drinking out of the water bottle!

Until my next blog!
Skye-guy Fieri

No comments:
Post a Comment