Saturday, January 24, 2009

Road trip part 1

Hi, blog friends!

It's been a long time since I have been on here. Life has been quite mundane at home. You know the routine... eat, sleep, play. Repeat.

This weekend, Chaney and I have gotten to go on a road trip to one of her agility trials. We got to take a detour on our drive and see a place called Turner Falls, a scenic area that Mom had been to about 18 years ago. Mom thought it would be a fun place to take photos of all of us. Chaney and I, on the other hand, were not thrilled how high up we were. But, it was exciting. Chaney and I got to smell where a lot of dogs had "visited" in the past.




After we left, Chaney and I were getting a kick out of watching Mom pull a bee out of her hair while driving down the highway! Mom wasn't as amused as we were!

That night, I got my "waterworks" flowing as I was watching my idol Guy Fieri on his show "Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives" as he visited some neat diners around the country. I can't watch DDD without my "Guy shades". I see all this great food and know Mom has been depriving me! Life is so unfair!!




So, I don't know... do you think I look like Guy?


I am a totally hip Pet Idol!


So far this weekend, Chaney has gotten 4 Qualifying runs: Elite Regular, Elite Jumpers, Elite Touch N Go, and Elite Hoopers. Thanks to mom's dumb error, Chaney didn't get that much needed Elite Chances Q. We are keeping our paws crossed for a Q in Elite Chances, and in her other runs, for tomorrow!

Here are some videos from Chaney's day 1 of the trial:
This is her Elite Regular run where she got 1st place!


This is her Elite Jumpers Q run. She had tiny bobbles, but still ran clean and was over 3 seconds under SCT with the bobbles.


This is Chaney's 4th Elite Hoopers Q. She hasn't ran in Elite Hoopers since she got her title back in July. It was also only the 2nd time she has encountered the "Hoop Weaves" and did a fantastic job! We haven't seen the results, but think she was the only Elite dog to Q in Hoopers!


We got to visit with our friend Renate and her BC Rusty. Renate and her husband and many many fur people live in Texas. We only get to see them once or twice a year. Chaney and I enjoyed visiting with Rusty!


I crashed at the end of the day! I had a lot of activity at the trial site! There were a bunch of guinea fowl and goats there. I thought it would be fun to try to herd them, but it was hard being authoratative and imposing while I was wearing my poofy gay doggy coat!

Before hitting the hay, I took time out for a self-portrait! :)


We are hoping Chaney has another successful day tomorrow!

Until later, blogsters!

~"Skye-guy Fieri" and "Chaney Crawford"

No comments: