Thursday, October 22, 2009

Getting Close!

Hi, Blog buddies!

Chaney and I have been really busy at 3 recent agility trials in Oklahoma and Kansas. We are quite the jetsetting bunch of border collies! She has earned 17 Qs in those 3 trials: 4 Elite Regular, 4 Elite Chances, 4 Elite Jumpers, 2 Elite Tunnelers, 2 Elite Touch and Go, and 1 Elite Weavers. In Calera, she earned her Outstanding Elite Chances title. Sis is now only 1 Elite Chances Q from her NATCH and 2 Elite Weavers from her Vers-NATCH! We are so proud of her. Her most recent trial in Lawrence gave Chaney 10 Qs out of 14 runs. It was a nearly flawless trial for Chaney. Certainly one of the very best she has ever had. Mom couldn't have been happier with her! Her next trial is in Springfield, MO, to try for her NATCH!

Chaney with her ribbons from her 10 Qualifying runs in Lawrence on October 31-Nov 1 (minus last Tunnelers run ribbon). She got her 12th Elite Chances Q at this trial!


Chaney and I enjoy the Halloween festivities. So where the heck are our "treats"???


After a long trial day on Saturday, October 31, Chaney and I crashed out in the hotel room. The extra hour with the time change sure didn't help make our bedtime come any quicker.









Chaney's 12th Elite Chances Q run!


Chaney's 11th Elite Weavers Q--


Chaney's 11th Elite Chances Q-- she had a lot of bobbles in this run. For some reason she was confused at the end, but lucky for her, and mom's sanity, she passed the course!


This was a real nice Elite Regular run that Chaney didn't qualify on because she took an off course jump. But, mom was real proud with Chaney's distance work in it and overall how she ran it.


Chaney's 27th Elite Regular Q run. Chaney had fun running this course.



Chaney had a short 1 day trial (4 runs) in Calera for a NADAC "Fun-raising" trial. Here, she earned another important Chances Q (#10) and her Outstanding Elite Chances title. Poor Chaney. They didn't have new title ribbons there.



The night before the mid-October trial in Calera, I made myself home in our hotel suite.


Chaney is telling mom "throw the frisbee or die!!" I'm waiting to tackle her after she catches her frisbee. Don't you love how I just "freeze"!


Chaney's 10th Elite Chances Q and her Outstanding Elite Chances title!


An Elite Regular Q run. She had an uncharacteristic bobble at a hoop, but still Qualified. Mom loved Chaney's great weaves at this trial and her good speed during the run.



Chaney also competed in Norman in early October. She earned 4 Qs there, along with her 9th Elite Chances Q. You Rock, Chaney!


Here are 2 of Chaney's Elite Jumpers Q runs--





In early October, Chaney and I got to go to Woofstock... the big dog party in Riverside Park. We ran into our good buddy Chuck there and I couldn't stop myself from saying "hi"! After all, I AM the ambassador for Border Collies!




Mom was shocked when she opened the paper the night before and saw a photo of our very own Chaney girl in the newspaper. This was a photo taken a few years ago and was published in the paper back then(same year that Chaney won the Most Athletic Dog photo contest). They had used her photo for a story about this year's Woofstock festival. My sis is famous again! Way to go, Chaney!




Chaney and I managed to find some spare time to play in some of the fall leaves in the yard! Happy Fall everybody!









Until my next blog!

Skye-guy Fieri, Proud RN and the ultimate Pet Idol!

No comments: